Maternity tour

I am planning to go for maternity tour. What are the questions i should ask? And during the tour, what should i look out for? #firstmom #advicemommies

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would ask: How they charge if my preferred room is singleward but it not available. will there be an upgrade, or they will move you once available. i remember TMC will have some kind of upgrade if the room is not available. For Mount A they will pro -rata according to day. If your husband is driving, do check the car park charge or if there is any complimentary parking. If you want to do water birth, you might need to ask them if they have. Some membership might have a discount fee for room or gynae fee or PD fee to check with them, too. If you have already decided on FM to use, can ask them if the brand is available? If not, you might need to bring. Can ask what are the freebie they give, so maybe not to buy extra. Eg mount A gv bath tub, so i didn't need to buy.

Read more
3mo ago

thanks. ur info is very useful 😍

Not sure if you are going for tour before deciding which hospital to give birth at but I went for mine knowing which hospital I wanted to give birth at, went for the tour in Week 32. Basically we went to visit the delivery ward and different rooms and suites, asked about the different charges and pain relief methods available, and the promotions available if deciding to book room soon.

Read more

Would like to know about this too! I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. Not sure when I should start going on the maternity tours?

4mo ago

You can go any time as you wish, just dont go too late i remember around week 36 or maybe 1-2 weeks before the clinic will have ask you which hospital you want. Also do check with your gynae which hospital they ok some gynae only go to one specific hospital so you dont really have a choice unless you want to switch your gynae.