Anxious when baby is awake

Am i normal to feel very anxious whenever baby is still awake after feeding (fm), even when he’s not crying? Mostly during the day. As im just waiting for him to cry unconsolable. Im a ftm, and my baby is a month old and im still not used to this whole motherhood thing, and im always extremely anxious, esp when baby is awake. And will feel like breaking down when baby cries.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

sounds like you're having post partum anxiety and stress. do you have family or a confinement nanny to support you during this new period? babies cry as a way of communication, not that you are being incapable as a mother, have to remember that baby crying is just natural, not that it says anything about you and your ability to be a good mother. it will be helpful to get support (husband, family, friends, or hire a nanny/maid) so you can have time to breathe and let someone else handle baby for you while you work through your anxiety

Read more

Dun worry, it’s good that baby is awake during the day instead of night. Take this opportunity to do some tummy time with ur LO! REM, this period passes very fast, do enjoy when u are still able to carry ur LO. LO is fussy, especially with mummy, coz they are more comfortable with u.. take it as a compliment.

Read more

I don’t know if it’s normal but I do feel anxious too when my baby is awake and im already 7 months pp! Things will get better, with lots of practice. I let my baby watch Ms Rachel and I would sing along, that’s somehow relaxing to me.

ikr, why not drink milk then milk drunk and sleep? when newborn I couldn't take it, and I was alone at home.. so I just place in the cot for awhile so I can emotionally get ready

it's normal. don't be so overwhelmed. do you have a confinement nanny helping you ? day by day you will get used to it. babies will cry because they have needs, it's normal

The fourth trimester is the hardest. Lots of tears. I started to feel better when my baby is about 3 months old. Less crying for us both