Miscarriage - Bleeding for 4 weeks & faintly positive pregnancy test

I miscarried very early on at about 5 weeks, confirmed by doctor when my HCG fell from 105 - 80 ul/l which was very low to begin with. However I’ve been bleeding & spotting on and off for over 4 weeks and my home pregnancy tests are still coming up as faintly positive. Is this normal? And when is it ok for us to start trying again? #miscarriage

Miscarriage - Bleeding for 4 weeks & faintly positive pregnancy test
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, the pregnancy test will still show up as positive despite the miscarriage. Ultrasound will evidence the miscarriage and provide an accurate results. I had 2 miscarriages so for both, my gynae advice that I can try again after my next period cycle complete.

1mo ago

For me after my miscarriage process completed in Oct, the next period came in Nov. Do expect heavier flow and for my case I was still seeing like clots but it gets better in Dec. I will encourage you go for post natal massage as well. It is important for your womb recovery and the massage will help will blood flow and release clots. Feel free to reach out here ok if you need further advice.

TapFluencer