Tips on letting LO sleep longer in an empty crib

I let my baby sleep in an empty crib while being swaddled but he doesn’t sleep for long stretches. So I have to pick him up again and again during the night when he fusses. My mil says I should put some bumpers and small cushions so that baby feels secure and can sleep better. But I’m afraid putting stuff in the crib might cause SIDS. Anyone can share some tips, please? Thank you!#firstbaby #1stimemom #bedtime My baby is currently 7 weeks old. UPDATE: My friend alerted me that the empty crib might not be the issue. It might actually be a sleep habit and sleep association issue!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I've actually read somewhere that it is harder for babies to fall asleep or have quality sleep if they were to miss their supposed nap time. I happen to come across this post on Instagram and it was super helpful to me, so helpful that I wished somebody showed this to me and could have save me from so much hell 😂😂 https://www.instagram.com/p/CcmptnpLUkt/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= This post shares how much time your baby would start feeling sleepy after being awake, and when you put them to sleep in time, your baby would sleep soundly throughout. Hope this helps!

Read more

Hello! I think it’s really normal that babies at 7 weeks old don’t sleep for long stretches. It can be due to hunger or they just feel foreign to the surrounding (they are still use to the environment in the womb). I wouldn’t use pillows and bumpers at this age due to SIDS. Maybe just a soft toy at the corner of the bed. Maybe You can just use your voice to reassure baby that you are there with him and pat him.

Read more

hi there, my LO is the same! I rolled up 2 towels and place on his left right and tightly secured him with another piece of swaddle so neither the swaddle or the rolled towel can move. it helped me slot!

don’t listen to your mil, best to prevent against SIDS and follow your gut. did you try a sleep sack?

2y ago

Yea I’m using Love to Dream & Tommee Tippee swaddles!