Sorry for the gross photo but I needed help badly.

May I know why would I have brown discharge? I'm currently at my week 12. Is this serious ? Should I rush down to A&E now ? #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #advicepls

Sorry for the gross photo but I needed help badly.
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There could be varying reasons; hormonal, old blood that has yet to be cleared from your body and also cervical polyps. Gynaes would usually not be able to pinpoint the exact cause of bleeding but prescribe progesterone pills to support your pregnancy. I had spotting during my first trimester to early second trimester due to cervical polyps and was prescribed with duphaston and utrogeston which are progesterone pills even though it was discovered I had a cervical polyp. Later on at week 17, my gynae removed the polyp and I never had spotting/bleeding ever since then. Am in week 29 now. In general, old blood (brown) in little amounts is considered ok and not a cause for alarm. But if you’re afraid, do get it checked out by your gynae. Based on the photo, it looks quite normal to me.

Read more

it’s not serious. it’s old blood and it’s normal, as long as it’s not bright red blood. pls don’t rush to a&e yet. if you’re worried go for a gynae check.

I’ve this discharge for weeks and still have.. and in week 7 now. Previously told my gynae and she said it’s normal and as long it’s not fresh blood 😊

2y ago

Yes, she did prescribed me with Dydrogesterone for 3 weeks till the next appt. Currently still discharge brown but abit lesser. So far just discharge and didn’t feel any uncomfortable pain etc. if you does feel pain anywhere, best is call your gynae and ask.

TapFluencer

as long as it's not fresh blood then it's fine mummy... probably it's clearing the old blood

2y ago

Lol, this is awesome. Hello everyone, i found few interesting writings here: check them https://home-design.bg/