Baby sleepwear

Hi may I know if newborns need to wear long sleeved onesies with footies for sleeping and need to be swaddled up too? Will it be too hot? Will long sleeved onesies but legs bared be ok? Thanks! #1stimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would recommend to follow your baby’s cue. Though it might take awhile to learn their traits. Initially I followed my parents and in-laws advice that babies has to be bundled up warm and etc. But after awhile, I realise my baby just cannot be bundled up like that and he perspire quickly. He also seem uncomfortable with so many layers. So if he is in a non air-conditioned room, he’ll just sleep in his onesie.

Read more

My girl was a sweaty monster since birth, I could never put her in long sleeved n swaddle even with aircon fan or when it's raining she would just sweat like mad. Most of the time she's in sleeveless, no pants, socks only when sleeping or even clothe-less n just only swaddle n even still she would sweat n wake up from it 🥴

Read more

My girl hates being swaddled so we stopped swaddling her since day 2 when she’s home. Aircon/raining I will let her wear long sleeved onesies, normal days when it’s warm I’ll wear long sleeved and shorts (with socks) for her.

Depend on your baby. swaddling helps to let your baby feel warm and cozy. Check for sweat and change their clothes or mittens cause in my case he cries due to feeling cold.

My 2 weeks old girl I let her wear long sleeved onesies with footies and swaddle her at night it won't be hot if you on aircon.

i use swaddle + long sleeved onesies with bare legs and thick socks! bare legs make it easier for motn diaper changes 😅

During night time, my baby wears long sleeves and long pants and socks. With swaddle because he sleeps in aircon room.

Can wear those cotton thin kind one during day tjme and swaddle them. Even so they’ll still perspire

my lo hates being swaddled so i just make him wear short sleeved onesies and socks

TapFluencer

my babies were swaddled while sleeping in aircon room