Just checking out with mums to be if anyone has this experience and any advice pls

I am in my week 6plus abit and went for my ultrasound scan. However the gynae couldn't scan anything in the scan except for my waterbag. Any moms to be has this experience or encounter ? #advicepls #1stimemom #pleasehelp

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey don’t worry too much. Maybe it is still too early. My LMP was 11 Oct and I tested Negative of 21 Nov. I tested again twice on 6 Dec and it was postive. Confirm positive at Poly next day. Went for my 1st scan 2 weeks later (wait was killing me) and I was only 5 weeks. Had to go vaginal scan too. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I was and am super worried because I had complications post-delivery and had emergency c-sect. At this point I was crazy worried my pregnancy wouldn’t be viable. Fortunately for me, there was a beating heart at 5 weeks. However doc asked to come back again 4 weeks later to confirm my EDD. I hope and pray for best for myself and for you too. Have faith, maybe your baby is hiding. ☺️

Read more
2y ago

Yeah it’s actually the first day of your last menstrual period. So for mine was 11 Oct to 14 Oct. And when they say LMP means the first day; 11 Oct. ☺️

maybe your ovulation period is longer so u may not be at week 6 yet? technically, you should see a tiny embryo by week 6 and hear a strong heartbeat by week 8. my ultrasound scan GA (gestational age) vs my LMP (last menses date) GA during my first two scans actually had a 5 days difference. did your gynae show any concerns? otherwise, just wait for another week or two and have a scan again to check again!

Read more
2y ago

oh, no no. LMP is the first day of your last menses... not the last day. :)

VIP Member

Week 6, you shd be able to see the gestational sac. Subsequently a yolk sac will develop.. Wait a week or 2 more before another scan. Your LMP may not be accurate. Just like when I thought I was 7 weeks along, my gynae told me I’m 9week 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Even with tracking my LMP & ovulation cycle, I can still be wrong. 😅😅

Read more
2y ago

Hi Elvi, it refers to the first day of menstrual, onset of bleeding. I was like you too, I gv the date my menses ended but I googled it was otherwise. HAHA

went for my vaginal scan at 8 weeks, that's what i thought but gynae told me i was actually only 7 weeks 5 days old .. depending on your cycle and ovulation, your weeks may not be accurate .. it could be younger than 6 weeks thus, not detectable .. don't worry, im sure your next appt you will see and hear the heartbeat! :)

Read more
2y ago

it will be your 1st day of your last period .. my menstrual cycle is normally around 30 to 34 days, so it is hard to calculate my pregnancy weeks accurately .. the gynae will measure when you do the vaginal scan to know exactly how many weeks .. :)

My gynae scanned from inside when I was 6 weeks. Coz scanning from tummy cannot see anything. My baby was only 3mm and a dot. So it’s very tiny. Just went again at week 8 and my baby grew by a lot. Don’t worry maybe try again in a few weeks.

2y ago

thank you dear for your faith and encouragement. ❤

can't remember which week I went for my first scan but for me, during my 1st scan they couldn't find anything also but the next scan I could see a tiny embryo.

VIP Member

I couldn’t see much apart from my sag. Is it similar? Don’t worry. 5-6 weeks is still v early. They need to wait till much later to tell

2y ago

thank you Serene for your consolation. doc told me it should be abt week 6 plus abit so should be able to scan the sac. apparently now the scan could see my waterbag but no presence of sac hence I broke down by myself at home. he asked me to go back and see him next week again .

Sometimes cycle based on LMP is not very accurate as ovulation can change. Mine was a couple of days off based on LMP

2y ago

Based on 1st day of period. Normally when counting period cycle is also 1st day of period is Day 1. Ovulation on day 14 on cycle is typically abt 1 week after your period ends if period is 1 week. Hopefully ur next scan has good news 😊

week 6 is still very small to be detected most likely you will hv to see them in 1 months time...

VIP Member

6plus weeks may be too early to see anything. wait for the next scan. usually 8 weeks cn see