I have been using alot of organic stuffs for my baby because I felt its safe. But I was wondering how can we be sure the items we purchase are 100% organic. Because organic aint cheap, anyways to see and take note so we will not get cheated? And what are the beneficial of using/consuming organic? As for milk powder, Is it really necessary to start organic since birth? IS organic milk powder and cereals better then regular ones?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Something’s officially organic when more than 95 percent of its ingredients are labelled “certified organic” by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) or another accredited certifying agent. A product that’s “made with organic ingredients” contains only 70 percent or less of certified organic products. Only a handful of countries issue organic certifications through accredited third-party organisations. They include the US, Canada, members of the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Thailand Singapore is unable to get a real organic certification logo because of the density of its air traffic at relatively low altitudes. Due to the island’s small size, airplanes landing in Changi and at military sites fly over the whole island, depositing pollutants in the atmosphere and on potential agricultural sites. Some farmers, like Zenxin Organic for example, are as close to “organic” as we can get here in Singapore. “Freedom Eggs”, from hens raised in Singapore, are not far from being true organic eggs, as the hens aren’t caged or given hormones or antibiotics in their feed. All truly organic products found in Singapore, however, come from abroad. Thailand is the closest country with a reliable organic certification logo.

Read more