10 weeks and feeling horrible

I have been feeling ill and horrid since I found out I was pregnant - the sore boobs, constipation and back pains are still manageable, but my nausea has been affecting me, some days like today more so. The thing is that I don’t actually vomit but I’m wondering if I should to make myself feel better? In addition, my neck aches and headaches are really getting to me as well, sometimes it also affects my sleep even though I’m so tired. I actually feel like lying down sometimes makes my headache worse even, but my body is too tired to not be lying down. When I can I do force myself to get up and do something though I don’t last very long. Can anyone share their experience? #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I’m in my 25th week and I still feel miserable. I was afraid and ashamed to say it but I do feel that it’s ok to not enjoy or love your pregnancy journey. I honestly hate it. I love my child but the process isn’t easy and definitely challenging. Don’t be too hard on yourself. No two pregnancies are the same and I’m sure many others feel the same way. And my first trimester was hell cause I had hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). I had to take a month leave from work and demoted my position at work just so I can cope better mentally. Hang in there!

Read more
3y ago

oh no im sorry you had to go through HG! I’ve always thought I can’t imagine how that must be like if I already feel terrible :( thanks for sharing!

Hi! I'm on my 12th week and still feeling horrible as you. I've been having very bad nausea and vomiting that lasts all day, even medicine won't help as I feel more sick when taking it. You can try drinking fruit juice or eating fresh fruits to help with the nausea. Sometimes it works :) Also, rest as much as you can and don't try to over exert yourself. If you feel that you are not in the mood to do anything, be it. You can also try cold compress to help with the headache. Hang in there mummy! Hopefully the next weeks will be better :)

Read more
3y ago

thank you that means a lot and is really comforting (: