No sac at week 5

I had a sharp pain at right side of my abdominal and went to gynae. Ultrascan and transvirgina scan can't detect any sac in my womb. HCG 1300. Anyone experience?#advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

babe thought I'd share my experience.. for me, I had some cramps on my left side shortly after I tested positive on a home pregnancy test. I was also worried that it could be an ectopic pregnancy since the cramps seem to be more focused on the left.. I made an appointment to go in early at what I calculated was around week5 based on my last menses date. When I went in, the doctor couldn't find any sac either via a transV scan, except a very small dot which cannot be confirmed whether it is the gestational sac or not. My doctor did a blood test for me that day and another blood test 48 hours later. The first test came back at hcg 650 and the one 48 hours was at 1500. I was told that HCG usually doubles within 48 hours for a viable pregnancy in early stages. I went back for a rescan 2 weeks later as instructed by doctor and by then I could see the sac, yolk and fetal heartbeat! the scan dated me 6weeks 2days which was abit off from what I calculated myself. hence, it could be too early, don't worry and hope everything goes well for you in the next scan. ❤️

Read more
2y ago

yes don't worry! sometimes we miscalculate and ovulation don't take place exactly we thought we would be. :) all the best for you coming scan!

if you already tested positive, it might be too early to see much at week 5. what did the gynae say? i have not experience it but i'm sure your gynae adviced you on the next step .. like do another check at week 8 or 9 ?

2y ago

hope my next review at 7 weeks will bring me a good news. 🙏🙏🙏

I had transV scan at week5 and there’s already heartbeat. I think you might be too early. Probably calculated wrongly or you ovulated later than you thought. Wait for 2 more weeks and go in for another scan and see how.

2y ago

one of the reason I thought was miscalculation of my ovulation. not thinking about it and wait for the 2 weeks later check. 🙏🙏

maybe it's too early to spot the sac, usually 2 weeks will be more visible.. meanwhile continue to take your folic acid daily and rest as much as possible since 1st trimester usually more unstable..

2y ago

thank you for the comfort and advise. I am on the positive and waiting for my week 7 checkup.