Bleeding with mucus plug

I had bleeding at last night around 11plus followed by contractions starts around 2.47am. I am in the hospital already and only 1cm dilated. There is contraction pain but bearable & doctor asked me to go back and wait for the contractions to be more intense and regular. Reached home and around 5am got the urge the poo & have so much more bloody show & this time round much more red and the amount is quite a lot. I am 37.3weeks today. Is this amount normal? 1st picture is the first bleeding at 11plus last night followed by this morning 5am after I came home from hospital. It literally flew to the wall when I wiped with toilet paper LOL #advicepls

Bleeding with mucus plug
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! thats good! If doctor have checked and waterbag not leaking or burst, placenta all healthy. Its better to stay at home and wait for active labour, (3 to 4 mins in between contraction) bloody show is normal, coz your gynae might be pro natural and might not want to induce u or get u on oxytocin drip to make the contractions stronger as it is more painful and take longer since u are only 1cm dilated. I have had both experienced with pro induce gynae and pro natural doctor. The induced gynae would keep me in the hospital and im there for a good 16 hours put me on drip, manually break my waterbag just to initiate active labour and its more painful for me. For my other pregnancy, she’s pro natural gynae, i went in during active labour (3 to 4 mins apart of contraction) and im already 6 cm dilated, took about 3 hrs for my delivery. So this is just my 2 cents and based on experienced, do consult your doctor again if u feel uneasy, do whatever that makes u feel good ya! And be a happy mummy! *hugs*

Read more

Looks like mucus plug but does not mean you'll give birth anytime soon. The reason your gynae tells you to go home is because you're not in active labour & only a cm dilated. Normally they will keep you if you're already 3cm & above. Keep walking at home or do squats to help you dilate faster. Remember to count your contractions. Get ready to head to the hospital if it's frequent from 5-10 mins. This means you're in active labour.

Read more

I have bloody show for both preg. 1st one little bit. go to gynae clinic ctg monitoring n check cervix already almost 3cm dilated but contraction every 20 min n got admitted immediately. 2nd one full blast bloody show. the pad was full within 30min of journey to labour suite... 3cm dilated with 5 to 8 min contraction. both delivered btw 5 to 8 hours...

Read more
VIP Member

You’re going to give birth. Better to stay in the hospital.

3y ago

But doctor still ask me to go home.