Found out too early

I am going thru my 2nd pregnancy.. Went for scan twice and both times they say its still too early.. Currently i am at 6 weeks i think n no fetus is yet to be seen... When scan,doc only able to see the water bag,egg yolk sac and the egg yolk... Going for another scan in 2 weeks time but doctor said to be mentally prepared... Hopefully by then cn see a heartbeat if not it means the egg stop developing... Any advice or tips for me? Anyone ever had similar experiences?? #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

babe, it could be too early or you could have miscalculated the gestational age of the baby. I have a similar experience.. the first time I went to see my gynae I thought I was at 5 weeks based on the last menstrual period dating. However, when I scheduled the appointment for my first scan, the doctor could not see anything except for a small little sac which he couldn't conclude whether it was the embryo since it was so small. Needless to say, I was scheduled to come back 2 weeks later for a rescan. during that time, doctor also asked if I wanna do the HCG blood test on that day and 48 hours later to see if the levels are doubling at least to determine if the pregnancy was viable. I did it anyways and the blood test came back okay. 2 weeks later, I went back for a scan and to my relief, the baby's heart beat was heard and the scan measured BB to be 6w2days old. It should have been at 7 weeks if it was based on what I calculated my own. I could have ovulated later that month I conceive. Hence, please take care of yourself and have faith that you can detect BB in the next scan. Hoping that things goes well for you!!!

Read more
2y ago

yay that's great to know!

Don’t worry if week 6 can’t see anything yet. It is normal. At least week 8-9 then can see something in the yolk sac. Good luck babe.