Oscar intermediate risk

Hi, I got intermediate risk for Oscar but low risk for NIPT. Dr said should be low risk in this case, but not 100%.. Anyone have similar experience and did you decide to proceed with amniocentesis? Thank you! #firstpreganancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did NT scanning (the Oscar scan but without the blood test) + NIPT concurrently. Both NT scan and NIPT came back low risk. I supposed if your NT scan + NIPT are low risk, you should be fine. And that's probably the reason why my doctor only did NT scan and NIPT, because the blood test for Oscar is less accurate compared to NIPT.

Read more

My oscar result came back high risk and immediately took NIPT which shows low risk. My advice is, DO NOT trust oscar. Because NIPT has 99% of accuracy while Oscar only 80% (based on my friend's and my exp)

12mo ago

Really appreciate ❤️ for sharing!

mine was worse, oscar high risk, nipt low risk. i did amnio. but i suggest no need to do amnio.

12mo ago

Thank you! I was kiasu to do both and was hoping for double assurance.. but guess Oscar is not as accurate 😅

Hi, how much is ur NT?

12mo ago

Hi, seems like we’re in the same situation. But for me I did Oscar and NIPT concurrently. During our consult, doctor said usually if NIPT low risk likely no issue.