Gestational Diabetes

i got diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and i feel so horrible. im not sure why because ive been taking care of my food intake. feeling like everything is my fault. sigh this pregnancy has been hard. i dont know how to make myself feel better……#firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i feel you sis. every meal i have to prick my fingers to check blood glucose level before and after + inject insulin to keep my bg down. initially the new routine & diet will put you off, but along the way you will take care of yourself better for you & your baby. btw, your placenta doesn't produce enough insulin due to hormonal changes. please don't blame yourself. you can do it. take one day at a time. some days will suck but you were given a gift from above to create lifeform in your little belly. you are more than just diabetes. you can do this. hugs

Read more

Hi.. yes its just passing phase.. I also feel what you felt when were diagnosed gd. for a days I felt sad and i know doesn't good for my baby.. just accept it. i manage my diet well and do home glucose test every day and so far the results was controlled. don't blame your self 😊

Read more

I felt the same way too. And still feeling super down at the fact that I can’t enjoy food or sweets like other mummies who have pregnancy cravings. Just going to take it day by day and count down to giving birth. ❤️

Its just a passing phase. I was down for a day or two and was ok after n learnt to accept it. Apparently mine didnt turn out to be gestational afterall.