KKH 2nd visit

hello!! i will be going for my 2nd appointment this week at about 14 weeks 4 days. May i know wat are the tests that they are going to do? #firstbaby #pregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you haven’t done your Down Syndrome test then maybe you’ll have to do it on your 2nd visit. They’ll sit you through a flip chart of the different options that you can choose to do the test. It could be on the same day depending on which test you’re going for. Take blood tests and you may get the results on the same day if all is well. If not will be on your next visit or you’ll receive a call for it.

Read more
2y ago

Yeap that’s right, all tests are optional. Some mothers didn’t go for any tests at all. But it is better to know if anything is worrying beforehand so you can do the necessary research and look for support groups, financial preparation etc etc..

The standard tests are: a general health / genetics NPIT tests around 11/12 weeks. That was 5 vials of blood, and you can also opt to find out your baby’s gender. Then at 20 weeks, u will do a detailed scan to make sure baby is growing well in terms of heart and bone structure etc. And after 24 weeks, the gestational diabetes test.

Read more
2y ago

ooooo alright thank you!

i think you missed the timeline for Oscar (FTS) screening already, cuz it is to be done by 13wks 6days. Do consider NIPT if you decide to go for the tests

2y ago

ohh alright! cause i rejected the down syndrome test during the first appointment, but i called to request for it. not sure whether im able to get it