Few days not pooping after give birth

Hi i just gave birth via emergency csect last tuesday, and until now i have yet to poop. Is this normal? I did take stool softener during my hospital stay but i ended up shitting myself in bed twice cause it just came out of nowhere. Then i stopped. As of now, day 4, i only pooped 2-3 times and thats about it. I do feel the urge to poop but when im sitting on the toilet bowl, i dont feel anything. And im too scared to push hard or strain due to the pain if the incision. Any mummies went thru same thing? And is it normal? #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had similar experience after my emergency c section too. Not really an issue as long as you don't feel strained to poop, doesn't take more than few days to poop once and there's no blood from it. Do hydrate more and take more fiber as straining to poop and constipation are bad for the post surgery recovery.

Read more

As long as you’re passing flatus, it is good enough. I only pass motion at the 3-4th day. That is after drinking celery and green apple juice without ice. Try it!

Yes normal. I requested for stool softener to bring home in case I needed it. Maybe can request from ur gynae during ur next visit?

I pooped normal, with painkillers and stool softener, no issue. Try eating more fibre and stay hydrated?

i think is fine. just let nature take its course. i also didnt poop for 3/4days aft natural birth.