Baby and cat

I just gave birth few days ago, and my cat usually sleep with us on the bed. But now idk what to do because my cat fur is bad for baby, and I’ve been letting my cat sleep outside, but he keep meowing non stop, and my heart pain for my cat :( cried so badly. Anybody has cat too? How do you manage? #pleasehelp #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My cat doesn’t sleep with us anymore but he always comes to us whenever my husb and I are together, relaxing and chatting. The first night we brought baby home and sleep in our room, our cat meowed outside our room too. He doesn’t want to sleep with us but he wants to be with us. That’s his way of showing affection. I’ve been watching him since we brought baby home and can tell that he gets lonely at times. It’s heartbreaking especially when for a long time, it was just us three before baby arrives. What I do is really make time for him when baby sleeps. Gives him lots of neck rubs, keep cooing and sending him messages of love, give him snacks. And when I care for baby, my husb will continue to play with cat so at least one of us are actively showing him love the same way as before. My cat is slowly coming out of that “loneliness” bubble and started to look more relaxed and at home again. While I am also worried about fur being bad for baby, I am not particular about cat being near baby. I want them to bond but at cat’s own time :)

Read more

I don’t have a cat but I have a corgi.. So the fur is everywhere… on the bed, on the floor, in your food, on baby’s face, mouth, cheeks etc etc… but so far all is good. If you don’t want to introduce direct contact yet then maybe try to let your cat be around then when baby get their first jab already then slowly let the cat near baby. Also, since they shed a lot, regular vacuuming your bedsheets and house together with a 24/7 air purifier (can check out sterra) should help abit. You probably need to diligently get rid of the furs around since cat fur are worse compared to dogs.

Read more

Hello, same here. I have a cat, but been training her to sleep outside for about a month now. She will meow , but ignore it. After awhile she’s fine. Takes a bit of time.