BF after csect

I am a ftm and I would like to hear your experiences. I’m currently in my 36 weeks and baby is still in a breech position and might need to do an e- csect. I am very keen about breastfeeding my LO once she’s out. But, i heard that csect recovery is longer and painful and I’m worried about BF my baby. I’m scared it might be too painful and difficult for me to commit. 1) Would it be better to do EP instead of DL? Do you do mix feeding? 2) How do you cope with the pain of recovering and BF at the same time? Any tips of how to manage pain? 3) How’s your EP schedule like? Thanks mummies and appreciate your inputs!!🥺

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually to be honest if you wear a binder all the time, BF wouldn’t hurt at all. In fact sometimes you’ll even forget you had a c-sect when you hear baby crying for milk. The only uncomfortable feeling is to get up or sit down, other than that it really doesn’t affect BF. Place baby on a breastfeeding pillow or a normal pillow to help elevate to your breasts. I was also EP and DL during my firstborn. Always have a bottle of water with you everywhere you go to keep the milk supply consistent. Stash your milk in quantity of 60ml instead cause sometimes baby will drink more, sometimes less and you don’t want to throw away any balance milk. Just make it for milk bath instead. Can also pour BM and keep in food cube tray with a cover to add with baby purée or for teething. Do power pumping when you have the chance at least once a day. 20 mins pump 10 mins rest (drink water) 10 mins pump 10 mins rest (drink water) 10 mins pump

Read more
2y ago

Hi mummy, as a ftm, your tips are definitely useful! I appreciate them, thank you so much!❤️