BF after csect

I am a ftm and I would like to hear your experiences. I’m currently in my 36 weeks and baby is still in a breech position and might need to do an e- csect. I am very keen about breastfeeding my LO once she’s out. But, i heard that csect recovery is longer and painful and I’m worried about BF my baby. I’m scared it might be too painful and difficult for me to commit. 1) Would it be better to do EP instead of DL? Do you do mix feeding? 2) How do you cope with the pain of recovering and BF at the same time? Any tips of how to manage pain? 3) How’s your EP schedule like? Thanks mummies and appreciate your inputs!!🥺

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i did a mix of EP and DL at the start, i pumped every time baby takes a bottle. i also did mix feeding at the beginning as my baby had jaundice and my supply was still low, so i pumped whenever he took formula to help build up my supply. i have since switched to EP, and i pump every 3 hours. once your supply has been established, you can start to stretch out your pump hours. i’m going to back to work in a few weeks time and have started to stretch my pump schedule to 4 hourly, soon 5 hourly and 6 hourly. do this slowly to give your body time to regulate :) get help from husband or family if you can with other chores at the beginning and focus more on your recovery and feeding your baby. use a pillow to support baby and make yourself comfortable if you are DL! a binder is also very very important for csect recovery. compression socks and painkillers were also helpful for me! all the best mummy! :)

Read more
2y ago

Thank you mummy for sharing your experiences❤️ I’m really thankful