Nanimom or Lilo?

Hi! I am a FTM and an absolute bad cook, to make things worse, I am a super picky eater. 😅 My baby is currently 6mo and I’m thinking to get those powders for her and try to cook (PRAY FOR MY KITCHEN). Any mummies used both and which would you recommend for noobcooks like me 😂 TIA!! #pleasehelp #1stimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly you don’t need to introduce all that to your 6 month old yet. You can simply start off with cereal like Gerber’s organic rice cereal and add BM or FM or warm water and feed her. Then move on to mashed potatoes mixed with BM or FM. You can try purées for her too. Like steamed pumpkin, carrots, peas, broccoli, sweet potatoes, avocado (don’t freeze, just mash), banana (don’t freeze, just mash), apple, mango, papaya, prunes, etc.. When she’s about 10 months or so (maybe earlier) you can move on to blended porridge beef spinach, chicken, etc. all that will have some taste already. Don’t really need those powdered forms of ikan bilis or chicken powder etc. The earlier you introduce flavours to your baby, the pickier she can get as she grows older. I watch lots of videos on YouTube and tried baby-friendly recipes for my baby. I’ve tried broccoli meatballs, salmon nuggets, sweet potato fingers, spinach omelette, banana French toast, banana pancakes, baby pasta sauces, potato patties and lots more.. I only use olive oil for her food, sometimes I don’t even use any oil, but I make sure to use non-stick pans/pots. I’m also a noob when it comes to cooking, so I feel you girl. 🤣 Over time you’ll get the hang of preparing for your kid, and surprise yourself how good some recipes actually taste.

Read more
2y ago

I’ll go and figure this frying of ikan bilis and turning it into powder. Hopefully I can succeed before I start exploring cooking 😄 Thank you!! ☺️

VIP Member

There’s one more brand called Wens! Actually why not do your own powder? They will be way cheaper and healthier since no preservatives will be present

2y ago

Is there anywhere I can get the steps to do the powder myself? Oh yes those powders are costly 🥲