I am direct latching as well as bottle feeding ebm. recently my LO fusses at the bottle at most feeds & refuse to drink towards the end and I suspect it's due to the teat size. She takes about 30-45mins on avg to finish up 120ml. So I tried changing to #2 teat and she actually can finish her milk in 10mins much to my amazement. However I would like to know for breastfeeding mommies do u up the teat size or keep on using the slowest teat size? Up till which month then it is advisable to upgrade? Thanks! Eta: I'm currently using pigeon peristaltic plus size ss teat thinking to change to s teat

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi grace thanks for your reply. Cos I read that once LO is used to the faster flow he/she may not want to latch as latching requires more effort to suckle. My LO just past 2mo now. So I'm in a dilemma. If I stick to the slow flow teat, she takes a long time to finish her feed. Also she's not latching quite well due to weak suction too.

Read more
8y ago

Let ur baby master the skill of direct latching first, then slowly intro bottle feeding.