20 week detailed scan- fetus with big head circumference and big adominal - gastational diabetes?

I just did a detailed fetus scan at 20th week. Results showed that baby has big head (max reading) and big adominal (max reading). Baby weight was on the high side also. I'm so worried as I read online that these are symptoms for babies with ASD and usually shown at week 20 onward. Another possibility is I may have gastational diabetes. So worried till I couldn't sleep well for the past 1 week. Anyone has similar experience. #gastationaldiabetes #asd #HC/AC

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine was on the higher side but within the average acceptable range. As the weeks progress, the AC is smaller, HC is still slightly bigger but within the range. Don't worry too much if gynae says it's within the range for now.. I was worried about GD as well, take less sugary stuff and carbohydrates. I cut down on my rice intake and took noodles, bee hoon etc instead. God bless!

Read more

though it is high side but they have a range. is it in the (high side) acceptable range ?

I don't have such experience. You can ask from your doctor.

Hi! May i check knows ur bb in the end?,🙏