Pains in the third trimester

I am currently in my 31st week of pregnancy and am encountering more and more pains: I woke up one morning and had finger joints pain, so much so I can’t clench my fist or basically hold things that require the bending of finger joints. Then, my feet starts to hurt whenever I’m on my feet, standing or walking. It is swollen which I expect but the pain makes it really hard to be on my feet. I suspect I might have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) as my pubic bone hurts a lot whenever I stand up after sitting and walking. Most times I have issues even trying to sit up in bed. Anyone has encountered all of the above? The pain is beginning to get to me and I’m unsure if I want to see a doctor about them, since I understand that certain uncomfort is expected during third trimester #adviceplease #firstimemom #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, these are definitely 3rd tri symptoms. If it's affecting your mobility at work, you should see the doctor to get a notice to label you unfit for physical work. But for pain relief, try going for prenatal massages and do daily stretching exercises for SPD found on youtube.

2mo ago

Yes, I don’t think I can make my way to work everyday now

Agreed. I’m in the third trimester and yes I’m experiencing joint pains on my fingers and lower back plus pubic bone pains.

can super relate to all your symptoms! hurts especially after waking up from sleep probably coz of movements at night.

I am experiencing everything that is listed there. from the finger joint pains, to the hurting pubic bone.

2mo ago

Thank you for sharing. At least now I know it’s not something rare…