Sick during 2nd trimester - what to take?

I caught the flu, cough and sore throat recently and am 14 weeks pregnant. I think a fever is coming too although the last I measured it was 37.3 degrees so not considered fever yet. I have a normal temperature of 36+ normally so this is higher than normal for me. GP gave me chlorpheniramine (anti histamine) which I guess is for the flu. I’m allergic to painkillers like panadol / paracetamol so I can’t take them. Wonder if I should see another GP.. I called by gynae but only got advice from the receptionist who told me to take off the counter medicine but I read online that they are not safe for pregnancy so I’m confused. What should I do? Am worried the illness will affect the baby. Appreciate some advice! #firsttimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

37.3 is not fever. just take chlorpheniramine and some honey, have lots of rest and it will get better.

11mo ago

Thank you very much! The fever went up to 38 in the end, and due to my drug allergies I couldn’t take paracetamol. Went to GP to get some medicine for the throat and flu. Doctor said the fever wouldn’t affect the baby unless it’s very high fever for a few days. I’m healthy now and the baby is too :)