Can I ask, I jus delivered my baby and when I latch baby will suckle 5 mins den cry den suck again den finally slp..den i pull out cus i tot slp le but end up baby cry again den suckle and finally slp.. why isit so?:(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is common for newborns to fall asleep while nursing. The suckling is comforting to them and they may end up sleeping before they are done with nursing. A typical nursing session would be around 10-15 mins. Some of my friends do try to keep their babies awake when their babies wake up in the middle of the night for milk (to ensure that their babies are getting enough milk from the feeding session). Some find rubbing their babies’ backs to keep them engaged during the session. One of them uses a cool, damp cloth to wipe her baby’s face during the nursing session. Hope this helps! :)

Read more

I reckon baby is comfort suckling. It's very common for young babies. The skin to skin closeness between mommy and baby, the reassurance of mommy's presence and voice, her smell and heartbeat are all there when baby suckles. Calms him down, it's not so much for "eating".

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-15697)