Depressed and full of regrets?

I am 28F and both my parents passed away not too long ago. Actually my mom had passed just early this year. I am currently at 16W and I haven't been eating right nor on time. I have to take care of the house and my brothers (have mental issues) and work shifts (day & night). My husband is also busy w work as well. I am having regrets about bringing another being into my life because I really don't want my baby to suffer. I miss my parents every day and it hurts that I practically have no one to depend on. I'm a frontline worker so work hasn't been forgiving either. Initially when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want to keep because of my lifestyle and work. My husband and I didn't plan for this and it just happened. We don't use contraceptives because he has fertility issues and this whole pregnancy thing came as a big surprise. Any moms here feels similar way? Any moms here end up keeping the baby despite your circumstances? #pleasehelp #firstbaby #1stimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So sorry to hear that you had so much to bear on your shoulders during your pregnancy, but pls remember that you are not alone. There are plenty of helplines and organisations to turn to, have a talk about it and get it off your chest. Apply for financial assistance or subsidy if need be. You may not feel the joy yet now, but once the baby is here your heart will be filled with joy. Moreover your husband has fertility issues, yet this miracle happen. There are others out there who had went through a lot just to conceive a child. As long as there’s food and shelter provided, a child will not feel that they are suffering. A child’s biggest luxury is their parents love. Have a smooth and safe pregnancy, try to think positively, and this too shall pass. Parenting journey can be tiring, but at the same time it’s also fulfilling and rewarding. Stay strong and tough mummy! Hugs to you.

Read more

I'm sorry that you've to go thru this and I'm in no position to give any sound advice but I always feel that baby is a gift and moreover, it still happened even when your husband has fertility issues. it seems like the baby is destined to come into your life and it could be a blessing! just imagine how much joy and happiness that the baby would give you when they are finally out to see the world. the baby will not suffer if you don't let it happen, right? it can all be avoided because it's a choice to stay happy and be positive. also, there are many aids/assistance available from the govt, you could always go to them for any help if needed. I hope you can tide thru this!! all the best and take care of yourself! :)

Read more

Your parents would be happy to know that you’re having a child. The child didn’t come easy for both of you, so do Consider well before making any decisions about he or she. Life will not be easy taking care of a young one but any mum if you interview them, will say it is rewarding on hindsight. Now because you’re in the thick of your own challenges and struggle, that’s all that you can see in front of you. Please get support from social services, go for counseling if needed as they can watch out for you emotionally and financially too if you qualify for certain subsidy schemes. Take good care and reach out whenever you need a listening ear!

Read more
VIP Member

Hey, when I was pregnant I wasn’t ready too and I had a miscarriage to realise how important life is. During pregnancy, the hormones affect us and we get really emotional. We try to take note with our emotions, rest and do things that we enjoy. You will grow to love your little one more and more each day. It can be tiring, frustrating and fulfilling . All the best mommy

Read more
VIP Member

Such is our life in sg. Most of our folks don't leave any inheritance for us. Just pray there's no debts for us to tank, like an old house with arrears. That happened to some of my friends. Actually with or without baby the living standards remains high. But i will suggest u to keep it, cos u never know how much joy a baby can bring u =)

Read more
TapFluencer

I'm sorry that you are going through a depressing time. do search for support group or talk to your good friends. I know it may not sound very good advice but it's a life that is in you. and especially when pregnancy doesn't come easy for both of u. do not give up.

TapFluencer

Hugs. It’s never easy with no support and stressed jobs. Take to hub and see if there’s a way to raise baby with Just his help? I did it with only my hub alone too. I have 2 kids