Hi Mummy! Hiccups vs kick

I am 25 weeks. I feel baby hiccups several time per day. Can i consider it is baby movement? Should I need to start count for movement. When baby start kicking? It is my first child. I have alot of questions 😂😂 thank you all .

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hiccups are not counted as kicks or movement if youre counting. If you’re counting, you should do it a bit later like from week 28 onwards. Too early the fetus not mature yet, naturally they don’t kick as frequent. My gynae advised me not to count kicks actually and I am glad he told me not to. I tried keeping up with daily counting but it’s too much of a hassle and too much disciplined required lol. He says so long as there is no drastic drop in movements, the baby is fine. When there is a drastic drop, he says to try agitating the baby to move by (1) temperature change = drink lots of cold water, eat cold food or (2) blast loud music to the tummy Hope this helps you decide whether to count or not! If still baby doesn’t respond then go to hospital A&E.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks. It is very helpful. 😁

hi mummy! hiccups are not considered movements. ard that this time, you may be able to feel flutters and light movements from your baby :)

2y ago

Thanks 😁

Now still too early to consistently keep track. Can start when ur gynae asks u too 😊