Belly button pain with ripping feeling

Hi! I am 21 weeks pregnant with twins. I’m having belly button pain and feels like it is ripping apart. It gets better when I lie down and the belly relaxes down. Anyone else feeling this and any idea what can help? I tried wearing a belly band, but does not help very much. I feel like I need to hold the belly towards the centre so there is less pressure on the belly button! #advicepls #1stimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Many pregnant women experience bellybutton pain during the second and third trimester and there are many causes. Most causes of bellybutton pain are harmless and will disappear when the baby is born. Possible causes of bellybutton pain during pregnancy are the expension of your uterus or Stretching of the skin. You can try to apply some home remedies. Applying warm or cool compresses to the area that feels itchy or painful may relieve discomfort. Avoid using very hot compresses or ice packs that are not wrapped in a towel, as they may cause burns and increase the navel’s sensitivity. Applying calamine lotion or aloe vera gel may also soothe sensitive skin on and around the navel. It may help on the ripping feeling. Hang in there momma.

Read more