Infant Care or Helper?

Husband and i are not on the same page in regards to this. I've done my research and it stresses me out. We argue almost everyday till there's no full stop. In-laws are out of the picture. Infant care; exposure to sickness is high within other babies. Helper; afraid of her dishonesty in taking care of my baby. #advicepls mummies. Really need alot of advice and moral support.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I recently gave birth end of dec and we (husband & i ) got ourselves a helper . We had a transfer maid of 3 years working with the same employer. However theres pros and cons having a stranger in your house especially after 3 years living together. You and spouse will have stupid fights together and u will get pissed at your helper because u dont like the way she does things . So at the end of the day - u have to tell her nice ly so she wont repeat the same thing. Transfer maid = think all employer the same. For me, i had to teach her what i want instead of she doing whats shes been doing at her previous workplace . For newer maid - u can teach them from scratch. Till today ive yet to let her touch my baby but i am slowly letting her - now that baby is turning 3 month but not fully. Random days let her bathe baby or let her carry awhile. Pros is - u get to spend time with ur baby without having to wash and clean. If you are lucky - thank god mine is good with babies and house work then you have nothing to worry. Overall cost is you have to pay monthly (mine $660 ) + $60 (Levy rebate )+ daily food intake + toilet essentials. Also every 6 months medical check. You do ur maths. 😬 for now shes the most expensive human in our house.

Read more