Staying happy while pregnant

How do you all try to be happy while being pregnant? I am someone who is easily agitated and hot tempered. And i cannot control at all. ): at what weeks maybe can actually feel our emotions?? #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I get so annoyed when my husband chews out loud (I nvr heard him chewing this loud before) and when he doesn’t keep the house neat n tidy. TBH I’m not having the best time being pregnant and I don’t know how to “enjoy” this pregnancy. The only thing that makes it better is when my baby rolls and kicks my belly - makes these long and uncomfortable time slightly better. I don’t know if baby feels our emotions, but realistically it’s best to calm ourselves down but I know it’s soooo hard!

Read more
3y ago

Yeah me too. I don’t how to to enjoy this pregnancy. My husband keep the house tidy and neat but is a mama boy and i get affected alot by it even more after having this pregnancy.

I feel you too! What's worse, I'm 24/7 emotional 😅 Even small things I can tear up and cry. Such as just discussing with my husband if I want to stay over at my in laws there during my confinement. Currently week 30 but have this issue since week 6 😅 Not really enjoying this pregnancy as well but as I'm always tired, I will try to sleep this emotions off. Hang in there fellow mama

Read more

i think its good to acknowledge what and how you are feeling, rather than keeping it inside 👍 one way to help would be to do things that make you happy or if u are feeling overwhelmed, maybe take a walk downstairs to cool off, eat some chocolate/snacks (dont overdo it!). A happy mommy = happy baby. Dont worry so much and live life for yourself and baby

Read more

I get easily agitated and whatever my mil/ hubby said will triggered me further. I will tell myself to calm down inside my heart, so that it do not affect baby. Else I will step away n find a quiet place to talk to baby. Telling baby I will learn to be more patient n less agitated. Talking to baby makes me feel much better :)

Read more

Being pregnant makes us all emotional, sometimes even for no reason at all! I try to listen to the music I like, or just have conversation with my husband. Those feelings come and go, feel it when you feel it :) I tell my husband not to take my outbursts personally haha

i feel you… i have been very sensitive and would get upset easily esp during 2nd and 3rd trim. (i was too busy feeling sick during 1st trim haha) I would just cry it out first, have me-time, and when i feel ready i will tell my husband what he did that upset me.

Same as you, hot tempered and easily agitated. And nowadays i easily get irritated by MIL, anything she says i also not happy 😓. So i try to avoid talking to her, although she visits every week. And watch some korean variety show to keep me laughing.

3y ago

minimise contact and interaction? maybe it's a blessing in disguise for us that we are living with mil but she doesn't care a bit about us.

I could get so emotional that I snapped or cry, perhaps due to the hormones surge and all. I try to listen to some soothing music, some nice songs or google for some jokes.

VIP Member

Just try to read posts by moms who are proud and happy of their journey, maybe you'll be inspired and be glad at the same time ☺️

Is this because of surge in hormones? There are days I’m very agitated