Belly button

How true is the old wives tale for mummies out there, belly button in = girl, out = boy? Just curious only 😂 #1stimemom

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s not true. But what I do realised is that I see those who were previously not overweight or obese or plus size will most likely have outies when they’re pregnant regardless of the gender they’re carrying. I’m plus size, my firstborn is a girl I had an innie and a B-belly. Currently pregnant with a boy and I’m having more of a D-belly and my belly button is almost levelled with my tummy. Not considered an outie at all.

Read more

Nope. Not true at all. I was carrying a boy and my belly button was normal throughout the first and second trimester. Third trimester it started to come out but it was not out. It was flat when i rub it like i have no belly button 😂 it depends on baby position too. Some position will make my belly button come out abit. And sometimes it went inside.

Read more

for my pregnancy, this is accurate. my belly button was outwards super obviously, many strangers could tell it was a boy

Not really true. Both pregnancies my belly button was protruding but first one is boy, second one is girl.

Ooo I’m reading this for the first time! I wonder when does the belly button pop out too for boys haha

2y ago

It depends on your baby position i think… cos mine didnt pop out throughout the pregnancy. But sometimes it does a little bit for few hours or mins. It gets normal when baby change his position.

Mine was a boy. And not protruding belly button . So I don’t think it’s true ?

My first is a girl and currently with a boy. Same belly button protrusion. 😁

VIP Member

I think not true, my belly button is normal when pregnant with my boy ☺️

I have a boy and now expecting a girl, belly button never come out for both.

Maybe hahahah. Mine was a girl and no protruding belly button 😂