Braxton hicks @ 2nd trim

How often do you get braxton hicks @ 2nd trim ? Im currently 25weeks and started to notice that i get stomach tightening and stomach very hard quite a number of times thruout the day Is it normal to get it often in a day ? It doesnt hurt at all though and only lasted like 2 secs ? Then soft again. (Idk if its actually braxton hicks or baby’s position) But baby still moving well afterwards. Im scared getting it often means contraction will be coming soon or preterm labour 😣 #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, very normal. I’ve had it almost everyday for a few secs since 2nd trim. I think it is Braxton hicks and it is harmless. Just your uterus practicing for labour in the future. I’ve since advanced to 3rd trim and still do experience these on and off. But no changes. All same short duration and frequency.

Read more

it differs with each woman and pregnancy. it’s fine and normal to experience this. it’s overstretching the muscles. it’s not preterm labour don’t worry so much

Is it normal if I didn’t experience braxton hicks before? Not in my whole 2nd trimester. Now I’m 28 weeks but still nothing?