Baby with thick hair

How can we know if our baby will have thick hair? Any ways we can check or ensure the hair growth? #pregnancy #1stimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Never heard that there’s way to know whether baby will have thick hair..whether hair growth will be a lot or little is genetically based. Anyway as they grow up, their hair will grow as well. My girl is an example. When she was born, she had lot of hair but it dropped as the days past (it’s normal). Then I got a lot of comment from my mil (which I voiced out my unhappiness to my hub) but I insisted on not shaving her hair away. I only get my mums help to trim abit to make it neater. And now she’s alr 1yo her hair is growing and the area that used to be ‘emptied’, hair is growing as well. I never believe the old saying that you have to shave away all the baby hair and let the hair grow again for thicker hair growth, as it is not scientifically proven and I myself wasn’t shaved when I was born but i have a lot of hair (a lot more than my hubby, who shaved his hair when he was a baby). But it’s up to your discretion. Above comment is just my own opinion and believe.

Read more

Don't think there's any way to check, u'll only know upon birth. Hair is genetic so it depends on the mom and dad I guess. My boy came out with a head full of hair but as we did the Islamic head shaving 'cukur rambut' on his 1st wk, his hair has been growing quite slow since then. He's approaching 6 months but hasn't gotten back his thick hair like before. But I like it this way, easier to maintain 😆

Read more