SGH experience?

Hihi any mummies delivered in SGH before? How was your experience? Considering between SGH and KKH, intend to go subsidised route then convert to private towards the end. #pregnancy #1stimemom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am with SGH. Was subsidised until week 28 after ogtt then picked my doctor. So far a number of my friends who have been to kkh didn’t have much positive news to share. There are some successful stories as well. I went with SGH because of proximity to work hence medical appointments, they have a good high risk clinic in case I have complications, the nurses are exceptionally nice, the processes are faster because it is a smaller unit and for delivery, the consultants are very good surgeons. Since you intend to switch to private, you should pick the hospital based on the doctor you intend to go with.

Read more

i have bad experiences w KKH. i changed to SGH for my infertility issues. got pregnant naturally and still stuck w SGH even though KKH is nearer to my home. i was referred to a high risk pregnancy clinic and my team of doctors were great. now in my 2nd pregnancy and im still w them.

personally i feel kkh more specialized in pregnancy. if go sgh during times of need, need to compete with other types of pats

2y ago

Actually this wasn’t true. I have never needed to compete with any patient. Once u are pregnant and with SGH, if there is any emergency, u will not be going to general A&E. All emergency cases are advised to go straight to 24-hr delivery ward for attention. I have first hand seen mummies coming into the delivery ward as they had bad cramps and was seen by duty doctor immediately.