How to deal with colic?

Hellos! How many days it takes for colic to go away? My daughter has been very fussy and crying non stop and hard for many hours at night. She wants to be carried and will cry the moment we put her in her cot or on bed. She only sleeps 3 hours at night and most of the time at night she is crying. #pleasehelp #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try massaging your baby’s tummy. Can google how to give a tummy massage for colicky babies. I tried sending a photo here but it’s too blurry. Make sure baby burps but if can’t just keep her upright after feeding at least 15mins before putting her down. Maybe could be due to temperature, maybe she’s cold? Or too warm? Pat her to sleep for a start when you put her down? Maybe hungry? Try on some white noise from YouTube, see if that helps.

Read more

my baby is latching and taking ebm and he is like this! i say that it gets better as time passes by :) we massage his tummy, try to burp him more often, and give colic baby drops if all else fails. oh! we also changed his bottle to avent anti colic, i think it helps a bit. he is still colicky at 8 weeks but better now.

Read more

how I deal with colic is exercises and then if that still don't help I will look into the formula milk or the things I eat (if breastfeeding) and then change the feeding bottle as some teats of bottles don't suit babies actually.

We went to consult a doc at KKH. He recommended us to change the formula and it helped. We used the formula until my baby turned 1 before we switch to normal formula again.