Insurance different to claim?

Heard it impt to buy insurance - maternity n child but heard it difficult to claim n waste 1k on it ; anyone have any good or bad story to share pls . . Of course rather all safe n smooth n don't nid claim but am thinking if claiming anything add to my stress then it defeat the purpose. . Like to hear Ur honest views pls . . #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here, maternity insurance is waste of money. Buy hospital plan for yourself already got coverage for pregnancy complications in it. Then once baby is out, buy hospital plan for baby. I had complications post-delivery but couldn’t claim from my maternity insurance instead claimed from my hospital insurance. Remember, maternity insurance only covers complications DURING pregnancy. Not before or after. And the coverage is not a lot also but I could be wrong. So please seek a financial advisor’s help regarding this. Let them explain to you properly then discuss it over with your partner.

Read more
VIP Member

difficult to claim cos alot of tnc. 3rd degree tear is quite bad, u need 4th degree tearing to claim. it means that u totally lost the control to poo n pee. on the blood pressure (cannot rmb the medical term), u need 3 readings to claim but dr will intervene at 2nd readings for both mummy n baby safety. how to claim la but i'm lucky to have bought mum2baby maternity n pass to my baby wo underwriting. she has some conditions found during pregnancy. luckily we bought it early else she will be denied from all like insurance

Read more
2y ago

Yeah i bought mum2baby from IAI too

The reason why some still buy maternity plan despite the low cover is just so that when you buy your insurance for your baby, he/she doesn’t need to go through any underwriting. If baby come out with problem, it will be very hard for you to get your baby covered… This is why despite the low sum assured in maternity insurance, people still buy maternity insurance :)

Read more

Nah for me I think maternity is a waste of money. Bought mine for $300 that covers 3 years, can claim up to $5k. Tried to claim but not easy. Second child i didn’t buy. Buy hospital plan more worth it and is a must.