Vaginal stitches

Healing of vaginal stitches, Hi first time mum here. Had vaginal stitches during my delivery it has been 7days since I gave birth but I still feel painful using the bathroom and when I walk and sit all.. not sure if my wound has healed anot or if I require new stitches or anything.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to make an appointment with your gynae and see if s/he can take out your stitches earlier. I have 2 kids, both times also need stitches and both times had a bit of swelling due to too much movement so the stitches were too tight 😅 Once my gynae released the stitches the pain was a lot better and can move more freely.

Read more

You will not require new stitches. Two times being a mum and stitches of vaginal area twice 🤭🥲😅 You can try sitz bath using epsom salt with warm water and do twice a day for 15 to 30 mins. Alternatively, use epi-kool pad and let the pain be numb.

Read more
1y ago

You can also use this to wash, 3 times a day after urine/bathing. But if you can endure the pain, then use. Otherwise dont. You can get at pharmacy/watson. For me, I bought at polyclinic pharmacy.

Post reply image