Bleeding during 1st trimester

Has anyone had experience of light bleeding (about 1 pantyliner) during first tri? Been having at least 1 episode per week. Currently 7weeks pregnant. Started since 4weeks. Been to gynae and given progesterone pills. Had my scan during week 6 and was able to detect baby’s heartbeat #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi, Is it bleeding or spotting? Spotting is pretty common provided it is not accompanied by severe crampings. Colour of blood? Fresh red or brown? If you hv doubts, pls see a doc. I’ve had spottings on my 4-5weeks, head straight to a&e & was given progesterone to stabilise the pregnancy. Spottings stopped after 2 weeks of medication.

Read more
3y ago

Fresh blood. Once, i saw it drip into the toilet bowl as well. My gynae told me some people will experience light bleeding in first tri so put me on progesterone and said i have to take until first tri is over. I’ve been taking for 3 weeks but still has episodes although no cramping. Some times can’t help but get paranoid 🤯 haha since none of the people around me had such experience

I encountered it as well and was given progesterone injection and duphaston pills. Normally is advisable to lay on bed as much as you can and move lesser. 😊