Hi mummies! Do ya'll spend alot on baby/kids clothings? Do you limit or set a budget for it?

It's so hard to minimise buying of kids clothes esp when there are so many nice designs to wear when they're around 1 years old or older!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We got loads of hand me down. But I do buy going out clothes for him. Usually hand me down doesn’t look the best anymore, so we wear those at home. We don’t really take baby out much, so even though I do buy clothes for him, I don’t buy a lot. And I usually just buy from zalora! They always have sale and discounts. Don’t spend so much on clothes since they will not wear long. I also always buy a size bigger, so he can wear it longer.

Read more

I'm collecting gender neutral hand-me-down baby clothes. only buy when it's too cute to be missed and a bigger size. all of the hand me down are still in an excellent condition as baby grows fast! so I don't mind, baby won't remember, and she'll look cute in the picture

initially I din want to spend any on bb clothes as I've got enough handmedowns.. but... as a FTM, I couldn't resist buying brand new bb clothes chosen by myself&hubby!! ended up buying alot and we're happy to spend on our precious bb! 💕

Most of my baby’s clothings are hands me down. I do buy clothings when it’s too cute but I get it in bigger sizes like 9-12m 🤣 Kiasu but save $ 😂 I usually try to shop in Taobao or SHEIN (during sale). No budget but will control.

2y ago

my baby is 6 months old female and can fit a shein size 66 well. but she's on the tinier side.

I can’t help it. I like to get new cute stuff for my baby! But it’s a very individual decision base on ur affordability etc, I myself don’t even wear hand me down clothes , so I don’t think I should for my baby too!!!

I plan to spend $0 on baby clothes haha! I have a lot of hand me downs from friends that still r in good condition and quality fabric :) save the money to spend on other bigger ticketed items!

babies grow out of clothes very quickly so no i receive a lot of hand-me-downs and bought only a couple myself

I don’t set limit but I don’t buy expensive clothes, neither do I buy a lot. I usually buy during sales.