Can I ask if anyone gyane suggests that her to go see psychology during the pregnancy period.

As my gyane was telling me to go psychology to see a doctor as I'm stressed about my work due keep giving me lots of work as I working in the currently company is for only one month yet the main accountant and the human resource keep giving me their work to do and tell me I have done it quickly as the document is urgent as I even highlight to my boss he didn't really bother about this issue. What am I going to do? As I left 12 weeks to deliver my baby out to this world I'm quite stressed at work 😭 #advicepls #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama, don’t expect sympathy from people, they are not obligated to give you lesser workload just because you are pregnant (just like transport seats). You get pregnant, company still has to work and operate as per pre pregnancy. Sounds harsh but if you really cannot take it, no point staying and stressing yourself for that one month. For me, my sanity and well-being of myself and my baby is more important. That said, the decision is up to you. You can take up your gynae’s suggestion, maybe you will feel better after talking to someone and they can also share their POV with you from another perspective or how to handle certain situations. đŸ’ȘđŸ»

Read more
1y ago

If your working environment is so toxic, I suggest you leave. No point staying if it’s gonna stress you everyday, baby can also feel your emotions btw. They probably did that to force you to quit (many companies don’t like preggos tbh, but at the same time, they cannot fire them due to MOM law.). This case you can either leave or you really got to have very high EQ and not be affected by their words. So sorry for the late reply, there wasn’t any notifications. I hope you’re okay!

Just do your best and ignore all the discouraging words from your colleagues or bosses. Ask your gynae whether he can give you some hospitalisation leave before your due date so at least you can stay at home to relax in the last month of your pregnancy. Perhaps think about whether to look for a new job with a more understanding culture during your maternity leave. My company is very understanding towards pregnant women. We even get to work from home 3 months before giving birth.

Read more
1y ago

that's great culture but therefore my colleagues keep pushing everything and ask me to do it and she says no matter how or what you have to do it because if you don't it will do it for you there's no sliver spoon feeder here for you. I told her sorry I'm working just brand new in the company for one month plus therefore I can't really remember how it works and please stop commenting on nasty remarks on me if you don't like me can tell the boss directly what to have to go around saying about. as I ask my gyane to give me some hospitalisation leave yet she say I suggest you better go to pyschology better than I give you hospitalisation leave.

I agree with the previous post. If u cannot take it i tink u shldnt stay alr. And if i am u i would take ur gynae’s suggestion. In my previous pregnancy i had quite a bit of complication but work goes on. Deadlines to meet.. etc.. our SLA were 3 days in the past