2nd dose vaccine

hi guys. i would like to ask if it’s really safe to take the vaccine. i’ve gotten my 1st dose bfre i found out i’m pregnant. i want to take the 2nd dose but i’m skeptical bcs this is my first baby and i’ve been waiting so long for this and i wouldn’t want to risk it which is why i’m asking if it’s safe for me to take? i’m 12wks now. i kept on postponing my 2nd dose so i need some suggestions. #pleasehelp #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I took my 1st dose @ my 3rd week of pregnancy (not knowing I am pregnant). Got my 2nd dose at 11 weeks. I had no fever just abit sore and headaches for 2 days then okay already. Baby in me is alright too 👍🏼. I decided to take d plunge to protect myself & my baby, also still breastfeeding a 15 mth old toddler at home & also i hv an 11+ yr old who is taking PSLE. If ure thinking the most you could do to protect those around u too, maybe its 1 of d efforts. 😷 stay safe! 😘

Read more
VIP Member

We are in the same situation! I got pregnant after my first dose too and I'm now at week 11, waiting for my gynae to give the green light for dose 2 at week 12. Honestly I'm very worried because of the rising cases 😞 and policies are not favoring vaccinated people. Clusters are so unpredictable now. My hubby encourage me to go for vaccine and protect myself too, so I will go for my second vaccine in 1-2 weeks time.

Read more

Read the article and decided that we will not take the vaccine at all given the lack of studies on it. https://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy-after-covid-vaccine-if-you-should-you-go-for-the-second-jab/?utm_source=question&utm_medium=recommended

Hi, I think if you’re worried, ask your gynae if they recommend you to go for it as everyone’s pregnancy is different. I only went for my first dose at week 20 with gynae’s green light.

The best is to consult your Gynae. She will adv accordingly.

VIP Member

it's better to check with your gynae to be safe

Better to take after 1st trimester