Limit screen time

My girl is 1 Yr old.. Initially it started as screen time when eating.. But now her screen time is much longer. If we off the TV, she will cry for sometime.. The issue is few months back, she was saying simple words.. But ever since prolonged screen time, she has even stopped saying the basic words that she used to speak.. Is it time to seek professional help or there are ways for us to rectify this issue ourselves..? #plshelp#1sttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

there are ways to rectify but you will need A LOT of patience because the change won’t happen overnight. you have to give it time, even up to a month to change, with consistency from parents. do manage your expectations first and prepare for that. once you can ensure you are ready, can try eating together as a family and talk about the food and learn to distract your kid. can try to turn on baby music to wean off your girl’s expectations. although for my LO at 16m, he’s exposed to more screen time but is speaking even more. so it differs from kid to kid. should also place importance on learning off-screen as well.

Read more
10mo ago

That's very true.. As long as there will be improvements, we are willing to put in the efforts for the betterment of my girl.. Thanks for the advice..

Wat i did with my then 1 yo was i distracted him with toys and do pretend play while the tv is in the background. Then slowly while he got distracted i asked him into his playroom to play and then switch off the tv. Daily bringing him out to the park to get some fresh air and also distract him from wanting to watch the tv. If my then 1 yo wanted to watch tv i would only open to ms rachel and/or blippi so that he can learn more words.

Read more

Try to cut down the screening time. Let's her occupied the time by reading to her, plays toy... 1yo still ok, my girl only start to talk when 2yo

slowly stop screen time by bringing her to the outdoor, library

10mo ago

Thank you.. Will try to do it slowly..