5 months baby milk intake & frequency

ftm here, what are ur 5 months babies milk intake & frequency?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on being a first-time mom! It's great that you're seeking advice and support from other moms. At 5 months, every baby is different, but typically, babies are still consuming breast milk or formula as their primary source of nutrition. For breastfed babies, they usually consume around 25-35 ounces of breast milk per day, which is spread out over 4-6 feeding sessions. Keep in mind that breastfed babies tend to feed more frequently than formula-fed babies due to the quicker digestion of breast milk. For formula-fed babies, they usually consume around 30-36 ounces of formula per day, which is also spread out over 4-6 feeding sessions. Formula-fed babies may go longer between feedings compared to breastfed babies. It's important to remember that these are just general guidelines and every baby is unique. Some babies may eat more or less than these amounts and that's totally okay. It's best to follow your baby's hunger cues and feed them when they show signs of hunger, such as rooting or sucking on their hands. As your baby gets older, they may start to show interest in solid foods, but breast milk or formula should still be their primary source of nutrition until they are around one year old. Always consult with your pediatrician if you have any concerns about your baby's feeding habits or nutritional needs. Remember, every baby is different, so it's essential to pay attention to your own baby's individual needs and cues. Trust your instincts and enjoy this special time with your little one! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Depends on your baby. My baby has been on formula 150ml 3 hours apart each feeding and she's still drinking the same at 13months even with solid food 3 times a day. Go with what makes your baby comfortable. Hungry baby = cranky baby

I think it depends on the baby! My baby always wants to drink more milk so she drank about 160-180ml 6 times a day, about 3 hours during the day. But she’s higher in weight percentile and was advised to cut down her night feeds😂

TapFluencer

my kids milk intake & frequency differs

💕