Excessive burping during 2nd trimester: Normal?

FTM here, and I’ve had morning sickness in my first trimester that went away around the 15th week mark. Now that I’m in my 23rd week, somehow out of the blue I started to get nausea again but this time it’s filled with a lot of gas that made me burp non-stop. Literally for 2 to 3 hours after every meal, I’ll burp and burp and sometimes will want to puke from burping. Is this normal? Will this go away? Thank you! #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been burping like a gas machine now at 16weeks and it has been like this from the start even thou the morning sickness started subsiding this week. It is worst at night after having dinner and sometimes I burp liquid and feel like throwing up in the middle of the night. I feel like I've burped 1000 times throughout this pregnancy more than I've ever did in my lifetime. I really hope this will stop as it has been affecting my sleep :(

Read more
2y ago

Oh gosh, sounds like you’re having it worse than me. I haven’t had this in my first trimester… just nausea and aversions (can’t even drink water). Now at 23 weeks, I can eat and drink most stuff but gosh that bloat and burping just don’t let up…