Tips for before and after doing Csec

Hi. Ftm here. I was advised by my gynae to choose esec since my baby is too heavy and head is big. As a ftm here, what do i need to prepare before doing csec or what do i need to expect? Also, how to recover quickly after csec operation? Pls give me some tips. Im quite scared and this is going to be my first major operation. Thanks and appreciate any replies. #firsttimemom #advicepls #advicemommies

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was big 3.6kg around 39 ish weeks and had emergency c sect due to failed induction. recovery is different for everyone but for me I was told to manage the pain from the c section without taking too much painkillers. bcs sometimes painkillers make you forget youre supposed to take it easy! i was also given sea cucumber liquid. it's said to regenerate the broken tissues and increase the healing process of the c section wound which I felt helped quite a bit bcs I felt i could walk a little faster day by day just that I should push myself too much. more importantly prep for your breastfeeding journey as well like pumps and sorts bcs you may have some delay in producing milk so collect that colostrum if you do see it coming out!

Read more

Hi! Can I check the weight and head circumference for your LO? I’m at 34 week and he is 2.8kg at 30cm.. wonder if this stats is considered big too.. for planning for c sect, I spoke to the hosp during pre registration and they will provide list of things to pack and look out for.

4mo ago

Oh so sorry, maybe mothers will be able to advise better. From what I read online, walking (once dr give all clear) aids in recovery, no heavy lifting after and no solids before surgery Thanks for sharing ur baby stats. Wish u all the best

Hello, I’m week 34.5 and baby is 3kg with head circumference 33cm 🥲 My gynae hasn’t talked to me about c sect but gynae told me baby above 3.5kg is challenging for natural birth for FTM. I’m glad we can discuss about this together, I’m quite stressed up by this

Read more