4 weeks pregnant

Hi all! First timer here :) just tested positive for pregnancy two days ago and I am at 4 weeks 2 days now! Called the gynae and was told she would see me only on my 6th week and I didn’t have to do anything meanwhile. For now, would help if any one could help me on the questions below: 1) left side ovary pain for the past two days - feels like a low grade stitch or menstrual cramp. Is that normal? 2) do I need to see a GP or any doctor before my 6th week at the Gynae? 3) Friends told me to take folic acid + vitamins immediately and I bought one from Natures Aid - Pregnancy. But I don’t dare to take it. Should I take it or should I wait until my gynae visit? Picture of the supplement is here as well! #pleasehelp #advicepls

4 weeks pregnant
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mumma! congratulations! to answer your questions, 1. yes, you can expect a bit of cramping. as long as it is not accompanied by heavy bleeding, you're fine :) 2. you would usually see your gynae at 6th or 7th week as it is too early now and can only see gestational sac 3. you can start taking folic acid, the earlier the better. as for the prenatal vitamins, my gynae only gave me those on my second trimester take care!

Read more