4 weeks pregnant

Hi all! First timer here :) just tested positive for pregnancy two days ago and I am at 4 weeks 2 days now! Called the gynae and was told she would see me only on my 6th week and I didn’t have to do anything meanwhile. For now, would help if any one could help me on the questions below: 1) left side ovary pain for the past two days - feels like a low grade stitch or menstrual cramp. Is that normal? 2) do I need to see a GP or any doctor before my 6th week at the Gynae? 3) Friends told me to take folic acid + vitamins immediately and I bought one from Natures Aid - Pregnancy. But I don’t dare to take it. Should I take it or should I wait until my gynae visit? Picture of the supplement is here as well! #pleasehelp #advicepls

4 weeks pregnant
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) Yes it’s normal. It’ll come and go. So long as there’s no active bleeding, there’s no need to worry. Expect to have implantation bleeding tho. 2) No need to see GP, waste money because it’s too early and they’ll probably say come back again in 2 weeks. Which will be your 6th week, and poly is sufficient. It’ll be too early to see anything. 3) Folic acid is fine. I took once a day for the 1st 3 months before gynae gave fish oil and prenatals to take. Rest well and congrats.

Read more