Driving in pregnancy

Hi fellow mummies and mummies to be! When did you stop driving during your pregnancy, or did any of you continue throughout? Am currently 29 weeks, still able to wear seatbelt safely and comfortably, no symptoms/body aches, driving less than 4km to work daily (10mins, no highway so no high speeds, and lots of traffic lights). My pregnancy has been low risk and smooth sailing thus far and I still feel very physically and cognitively ok to drive (and I actually do enjoy driving!)... From what I understand and have read medically, there aren’t strict guidelines that discourage driving in pregnancy (as long as can wear seatbelt safely, low risk pregnancy, no symptoms, etc, of course) My original plan is to stop driving maybe 1 month before EDD (or earlier should any symptoms develop or if I feel even the teeniest bit unsafe), but my parents are quite worried despite my reassurances... So wanted to hear what the rest of you are doing/have done :) #pregnancy #driving

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I drive everyday anytime anywhere and everywhere I go! I even drove myself to hospital for delivery