For mummies interested in engaging pem agency, please take a look here.

Here's my experience with PEM Agency nanny #1430 YU LAY KEONG 余丽娟. (We fired her on day 7). • 1st day of arrival already told my husband and my MIL) that we can request for replacement if we are not satisfied with her services (It display her negativity instead of establishing interpersonal relationship with the family she be collaborating with) • Despite her saying if in doubt to seek clarification or discussion however this statement was later contradict (1.Placement of her toiletries in the common toilet by occupying all spaces and push away our existing ones to a corner, 2.To ensure baby is accustomed to latching on when supplement with formula, hospital have shared the use of medicinal cup feeding for the 1st week however she did not follow and keep giving excuses to use bottle feed despite specific instructions shared , 3. Request for alcohol swab to clean baby umbilical cord stump despite it not being the current practices as taught by the hospital) • Longer than adequate rest time was allocated to nanny in afternoon (she was instead occupied with browsing on her mobile with video and calls) • Circumvent me as the employer and seek permission from my MIL to go downstairs to purchase non-essential items (We have shared with her due to on-going covid19 situation and in view of baby health immunity. We would prefer her to be indoor while all household purchases are regularly replenished by my husband. We did not receive any info of her required items during her arrival and daily grocery run) • Poor hygiene standard in caring for our baby (1. Did not wash her hands prior to taking care of the baby, 2. Application of thick diaper rash cream and failure to remove existing application when the diaper is soiled which result in high probability of contamination, 3. Poo residue remained on baby body due to improper verification and cleaning) • Unable to handle night duties of caring for baby (Lethargic-always required my mother to remind or intervened first, everytime baby cry will find excuses to say all the root cause but no resolution, impatient in handling the baby- all process with regards to the baby is hastily managed e.g feeding and burping the baby, watching video loudly and talking while baby is asleep resulting in intermittent awakening of baby) • Inconsistency documentation of baby routine (such as feeding of supplement milk or breastmilk, poo,change diaper, temperature taking as per record sheet provided by PEM) • Shrinking of roles and responsibilities to assist in confinement process (Regularly pass the baby to my husband, myself and my MIL while she will retreat to the room for leisure phone usage both day and night) • Specific advisory shared on mopping the floor with detergent (1.There will always be excuses from the nanny that hot water is sufficient to clean up the oily and sticky surface after cooking, 2. Kitchen area is selectively mopped instead of the entire surface) • Specific advisory shared on washing of clothes (Nanny will like to accumulate the baby laundry load and did not wash mine and baby clothes timely, my MIL have to intervene to wash the clothes to ease the accumulation) • Accumulation of general waste in plastic bag on sink from morning till night, condiment area beside stove not wipe after cooking (Attracting pest such as flies and ants) • Pot, Pans, Kitchen cutlery, knifes, utensils were found with food remnants and oil stains • Nanny often utilized kitchen cloth to wipe her hand instead of proper hand cloth provided • Pail use for herbal bath is not wash after usage and allowing the residue to stay on • Cotton ball utilized for baby wipedown not being disposed but was mixed with baby soiled clothes • Dissemination of our baby photograph without permission sought to her outside circle via social media/instant messaging account breaching PDPA (This was only made known when she spilled the bean during casual talk with my husband) • Poor time management (Always trying to do the minimum effort instead of prior preparation) • Not a pro lactation nanny (Instead of assisting in breastfeeding journey, commented on my low supply of breastmilk repeatedly leading to low morale while not providing any guidance to improve milk supply or aid me in latching the baby) • Failure in adhering to instructions shared by employer to carry out her duties (Requiring repeatedly calling for her assistance. there is no proactiveness) • On the final day of her departure 13/05/2022 which she declared to leave only at 12pm sharp, this also written clearly in the contract clause 1.7 issued by PEM (Morning she totally does not fulfilled any nanny duties and change to her casual clothes by 1030hrs, by 1050hrs she push her luggage to the main gate plus attempt to open the gate using key on table despite reminder by me not to do so, Trying to influence us on electronic transfer of salary despite PEM instruction of cash payment by hand with salary acknowledgment receipt)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tks for sharing, it’s really helpful as was thinking of engaging PEM. Sorry to probe further, did u engage their 5-6 stars Nanny? Like the super high end nanny which cost around $4K plus for 28 days? Tks

Read more
2y ago

one very important thing. do on and off check on your baby and keep an eye on the nanny. avoid leaving your baby and the nanny alone at home.

thank you for sharing!!

2y ago

you are welcome. do not want others to suffer like we did as FTP.