Poor appetite

Hello everyone, I am currently wk14 and i have poor appetite. I have minimal morning sickness hence seldom vomit. Is it still normal to have poor appetite? I am probably only eating the equivalent of 1.5meals a day…. I haven’t gain any weight since the start of pregnancy. Is this a cause for concern? I am worried that baby will not receive enough nutrients. At the same time, food really don’t appeal to me anymore, I only eat a few mouthful of food just to stave off hunger so that I don’t feel nauseous. #firsttimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, It's completely normal to experience a poor appetite during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. Many women go through this, and it's often due to hormonal changes and the body adapting to the pregnancy. Since you mentioned minimal morning sickness and not gaining weight, it's important to focus on nutrient-dense foods when you do eat to ensure that you and your baby are getting the necessary nutrients. To help improve your appetite, try eating small, frequent meals throughout the day rather than large meals. You can also opt for foods that are appealing to you at the moment and make sure to stay hydrated. It's also a good idea to speak with your healthcare provider about your concerns to get personalized advice. Remember, every pregnancy is different, so try not to worry too much. Just do your best to eat nutritious foods when you can and listen to your body. If you continue to have concerns about your nutrition or weight gain, consulting with your doctor is always recommended. If you feel like you need additional support with your nutrient intake, you may consider looking into supplements for pregnant women to ensure you and your baby are getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals. [Here](https://invl.io/cll7h72) is a product that may help supplement your diet. Take care and remember to prioritize your health and well-being during this special time. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hello! During my pregnancy I also had minimal morning sickness, and didn't vomit. I was having more difficulty with food aversion (smell of garlic, oil etc) and poor appetite too! I actually gain 2-3kg when pregnancy started and then lost a bit of weight towards the end of my first trimester. Appetite and weight only got better when my morning sickness was completely gone as I hit second trimester! I ultimately only gained around 9-10kg in the pregnancy but gave birth to a healthy 3kg baby recently. As long as baby is healthy and gaining weight steadily + gynae didn't flag up any issues, you're doing ok mama, it's normal and you're trying your best :^) To cope, you might wanna take smaller and more frequent meals, go for foods that are a bitttt more enticing and appetising to you, and schedule your meals at timings where you have a bit more energy. It's also important to observe how your body feels in relation to food! I realised although nausea made me lose my appetite, when I am hungry I also felt nauseous - so I just kept eating in small amounts throughout the day!

Read more

It’s normal! I have very poor appetite throughout my whole pregnancy journey and been losing weight. Managed to gain 1kg a few weeks before delivering. Baby is healthy upon delivery 😁 Make sure you eat nutritious food (vegetables, fruit, protein) even if it’s a small meal and take your supplements (multi vitamins, fish oil, calcium) daily. It will be enough for baby. Also, as long as gynae says baby is growing well and on the right track according to your week, you don’t have to worry at all! Gynae will flag out if there is any problem.

Read more
TapFluencer

as long as ur gynae didnt raise any cause for concern 🙏💕

💕

💕

💕